Organic Abominable Winter Ale
17 degrees plato | 70 IBU | Alc 7.3%by volume
This mythological beer emerges from the depths of our brewery every winter. Made with organic Northwest hops and organic malt, Abominable has a complex floral, spicy, and citrus hoppiness backed up by just the right amount of malt sweetness. Don’t turn your back on the beast!
- Medium Body Thanks to Toasty Munich and Light Caramel Malts
- Organic Northwest-Hop Medley with Flavors of Citrus Fruit
- Hopped in the Kettle, Hop-Back and Fermenter
Rise Up Red India Red Ale
14.5 degrees plato | 65 IBU | Alc 6.1%by volume
The full-bodied, seasonal offering is an India Red Ale, mahogany in color, smooth, made with certified organic barley, and packed to the rafters with organic kettle hops. The beer is then dry-hopped with Salmon-Safe Certified hops to punch up the aroma.
- Gold Medal Winner, 2009 Great American Beer Fest
- Balanced Malt Character with a Mild, Caramel Sweetness
- Mild Citrus, Pine, and Spicy Hop Flavors
- Notes of Toffee Sweetness with a Smooth Finish
Pig War White IPA
14 degrees plato | 60 IBU | Alc 6.0%by volume
Our cult classic summer seasonal uses Hard Red Spring Wheat grown on our San Juan Island farm exclusively for Hopworks. This specialty grain imparts tart flavors, medium body and a signature wheat beer haze. Northwest hops add layers of fruity, citrus-like flavor and crisp bitterness. A truly refreshing twist on a tried and true favorite. The name Pig War commemorates the confrontation in 1859 between American and British authorities over San Juan Island. The only casualty of this 15 year standoff was one wayward pig.
- White IPA Style Marrying a NW IPA and American Wheat Ale
- Made with Hard Red Spring Wheat Grown Exclusively for Hopworks on San Juan Island
- Tart, Wheat Flavors with Medium Body and Signature Wheat Beer Haze
- Citrus Hop Flavors with Clean Bitterness and a Crisp Finish