Organic Abominable Winter Ale
17 degrees plato | 70 IBU | Alc 7.3%by volume
This mythological beer emerges from the depths of our brewery every winter. Made with organic Northwest hops and organic malt, Abominable has a complex floral, spicy, and citrus hoppiness backed up by just the right amount of malt sweetness. Don’t turn your back on the beast!
- Medium Body Thanks to Toasty Munich and Light Caramel Malts
- Organic Northwest-Hop Medley with Flavors of Citrus Fruit
- Hopped in the Kettle, Hop-Back and Fermenter
Rise Up Red India Red Ale
14.5 degrees plato | 65 IBU | Alc 6.1%by volume
The full-bodied, seasonal offering is an India Red Ale, mahogany in color, smooth, made with certified organic barley, and packed to the rafters with locally grown hops and dry-hopped to punch up the aroma.
- Gold Medal Winner, 2009 Great American Beer Fest
- Balanced Malt Character with a Mild, Caramel Sweetness
- Mild Citrus, Pine, and Spicy Hop Flavors
- Notes of Toffee Sweetness with a Smooth Finish
Pig War White IPA
14 degrees plato | 60 IBU | Alc 6.0%by volume
Our cult classic summer seasonal uses Organic Hard Red Spring Wheat grown on Twin Oaks Farm on San Juan Island. The farm cultivates 25 acres of Friar variety wheat and 1/3 acre of Willamette hops. This specialty grain imparts tart flavors, medium body and a signature wheat cloudiness. The name Pig War commemorates the standoff in 1859 between American and British authorities over San Juan Island. The only casualty of this 15 year standoff was one wayward pig.
- Brewed with 10% San Juan Island grown Organic Hard Red Spring Wheat and 90% Organic Barley Malt
- Cloudy White IPA with a Medium Body and Tart Flavor from Wheat
- Organic Northwest Hops Add Layers of Fruity, Citrus Flavors with Clean Bitterness and a Crisp Finish
About Twin Oaks Farm
- Located on West Valley Road on San Juan Island
- Cultivating 25 acres of “Friar” variety wheat and 1/3 acre of “Willamette” hops
- Expected to yield 60,000 # wheat and 100 # hops in 2016