Green at HUB
green * [ green ]
concerned with conservation of the world’s natural resources and improvement of the environment
cul·ture * [ kuhl-cher ]
the behaviors and beliefs characteristic of a particular group
At Hopworks, our mission is to “produce world-class beer and food as sustainably as possible.” This means that every decision we make must be good for the environment and the people in our surrounding community, while keeping Hopworks and our suppliers in business for the long haul.
In order to do so, we ask three important questions:
• Does the decision move us toward our mission?
• Is it clear to customers, employees, and suppliers how this moves us toward our mission?
• Will this increase our flexibility and/or resilience in the face of changing circumstances?
Answering these questions has led us to pursue sustainability in three concrete ways:
1. Building Green: The physical infrastructure is critical in our quest for “eco-efficiency”. Using an existing building, salvaged materials, and low-energy and water fixtures is just the beginning of our quest to be as lean as possible in our use of resources. Click here to learn more about the physical spaces of HUB.
2. Keeping it Green: Whether it is discovering a new supplier for local organic hops, or offering water to our guests only upon request, we make decisions daily that decrease our impact on the planet. Click here to learn more about HUB’s Green Operations.
3. Do What You Can: It isn’t just at work that we can make a difference. We Hopworkers try to do our part for our community in as many ways as we can, from supporting local charities and events to volunteering our time. We invite you to join us! Click here to learn more about doing your part.
Check out our 2013 Sustainability Report