Green Up Your Keg Party
Your friends at Hopworks want to help you have the best planned, most sustainable keg party possible. So we’ve developed the following party tips to help you throw a Green Kegger.
As always, you can make your keg reservations on our Dock Sale page located here.
HOW TO Throw a GREEN KEGGER
- Use electronic invitations.
- Decorate with durable and/or recycled materials.
- Order the right amount of beer. Order slightly less draft beer than you think. Drain the keg and make up difference with cans and bottles. Returned keg beer goes down the drain but bottles and cans have life and can be consumed on your time. Budget 2 pints per guest if beer and wine, <2 if hard liquor is flowing.
7.75 gallon (62 pint) Pony keg serves up 30-45. Exhibit A- 55 guests= one Pony keg and a case
13.2 gallon (105 pint) Full keg serves 45-70. Exhibit B- 90 guests= one Full keg and 2 cases
- Limit trips required to get your party rolling. Hopworks is a “one-stop-shop” with everything you need for the beer side of your party. We stock beer, taps, buckets, ice and cups.
- Minimize beer waste as foam. Get keg in place one hour before tapping. Keep keg out of sun and under a thick moving blanket to keep cold in and heat out.
- Limit ice use by cooling only bottom half of keg where beer is drawn from. Use 2 large bags per keg.
- Serve your beer responsibly. Durable Cups Rule! This applies to plates and silverware too.
Good- Single use compostable 16 oz. cups in sleeves of 50. Ask guests to Sharpie nick-name on cup. Return to HUB for commercial composting only.
Better- Borrow our durable 16 oz. plastic tumblers, rinse and return. Free to use with deposit.
Best- Use your existing glassware from home or borrow.
- Minimize party waste by conveniently locating and labelling 3 bins for compost, recycling and waste. Don’t be afraid to make it obvious.
- Have a great party and enjoy yourself! Thanks for making a difference.