Beer Bread Recipe: Midnight Snack
Posted on May 19, 2020
We understand baking has become a popular activity these days. So, we wanted to share with you one of our favorite beer bread recipes featuring our Midnight Snack Pastry Stout.
Midnight Snack has bold chocolate and vanilla notes that play well to create a savory beer bread with deep, caramelized undertones – especially when topped with flaky finishing salt. This makes for a bread that works perfectly as an appetizer or dessert! (Okay, maybe we meant and.)
Read on below for the full recipe and be sure to share your results with us on social! Follow along at all things @hopworksbeer.
- AP Flour, 2 cups
- Bread Flour, 1 cup
- Baking Powder, 3 tsp
- Granulated Sugar, 2 tsp
- Kosher Salt, 1 tsp
- Midnight Snack Pastry Stout, 12 oz
- Butter, to grease pan
- Cornmeal, for pan
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a loaf pan (9″x5″x3″) with butter, then dust with cornmeal. Tap out any excess cornmeal.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Pour in 12 ounces of Midnight Snack Pastry Stout, reserving 4 ounces for later. Mix until just combined.
- Scrape bread batter into greased pan, then place into oven for 35 – 40 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove bread from pan and let cool before slicing (1 – 2 hours). Serve with softened butter and remaining 4 ounces of Midnight Snack.
- If you don’t have bread flour, feel free to substitute in AP flour.
- Oats also make a great topping on the loaf. Sprinkle on a layer before baking if desired.
- Can’t find Midnight Snack near you? Don’t worry! Airporter or Velvet ESB make for excellent substitutions!