ABOMINABLE WINTER ALE CONTEST RULES:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ACCESS TO THE INTERNET IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE. MUST BE 21 OR OVER TO PARTICIPATE.
How to Enter:
A. VIA INSTAGRAM: During the promotion period, post an original photo of you with Abominable Winter Ale at a Hopworks location, in the great outdoors or with an Abominable/winter theme. You must follow @HopworksBeer on Instagram and include the hashtag in your post, #AbominableWinterAle. You must have a non-private Instagram account to enter and have your account privacy setting set to “Off.” An Instagram account can be opened for free by downloading the Instagram application from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Each entry must be an original photo.
B. EMAIL: Entrants can also enter by sending an email with the subject line “Abominable Winter Ale Contest” and with their name, telephone number, and photo in the body to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Win
Hopworks Urban Brewery (“HUB”) will conduct judging within thirty (30) days of the end of the entry period, from all eligible entries received to such date, such eligibility to be determined in Hopworks’s sole discretion. Hopworks will judge the entries on a combination of thematic, creative and aesthetic qualities. The entries must showcase Abom or Abom theme in a fun, creative and responsible way. The photograph must be an original photo; winner must have copyright to the photo to be eligible to win. Hopworks will contact potential winners via Instagram Direct Message or email (depending on the method of entry). Hopworks will request potential winners to confirm they are legal residents who are 21 or older, and to provide a mailing address to deliver the prize if unable to pick-up. You are not a winner until Hopworks has verified your eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential winners must respond within three (3) days or their entry will be forfeited and a new potential winner will be selected in their place using the same methods mentioned above. Hopworks will schedule or ship all prizes, where applicable, to the winner within thirty (30) days after winner is confirmed.
What You Can Win
Hopworks will select a total of three (3) winners for this promotion, one (1) winner per one (1) month of winter totaling from November through January. The winners will receive Next Adventure gear. Hopworks reserves the right to modify the prizes and items based on availability and will replace any such variations with items of similar value.
- This Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the continental US who are age 21 or older and who have a web-enabled mobile device at time of entry.
Entry Period: Begins November 1, 2019, at 12:00 AM EST and ends
- January 31, 2020, at 11:59 PM EST (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by the close of the Promotion Period to be eligible to win.
- This Promotion is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Entrant must own all rights to the Entry and have the right to grant Hopworks a license to use the Entry (including any material embodied in the Entry).
- Entry must be entrant’s sole original work and may not have been submitted previously in a contest or sweepstakes of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond entrant’s immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- Entry must not (and entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, logos, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Hopworks), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable.
- Clothing worn in the Entry should not feature any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials (other than Hopworks).
- Entry must not include any representation or likeness of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure (living or deceased unless entrant has express permission), any commercial solicitation or promotional materials, websites, contact info or personally-identifiable information (e.g., first or last name, address, phone number, place of work, email address, etc.).
- If an Entry includes the image or likeness of anyone other than the entrant, entrant represents and warrants that entrant has obtained permission from each such individual and agrees to provide written copies of such permission to Hopworks upon request.
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Hopworks sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Hopworks, or their products or other people, products or companies.
- Entry must not contain content that is known by Entrant to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Persons under the age of 21 may not appear in an Entry. If any person (21 or older) appears in your Entry, you must have made that person aware that you are submitting an Entry containing their image in this Contest and they have agreed to such submission.
- Entry should not appeal primarily to persons under the legal drinking age.
- Entry must not include images or activity that is illegal, lewd or indecent, scenarios portraying sexually explicit activity as a result of consuming beer, nor images or activity that suggests that beer is needed for social, financial, educational or athletic success.
- Entry must not portray, encourage or condone drunk driving or depict situations where beer is being consumed rapidly, excessively, involuntarily, as part of a drinking game or as a result of a dare, or portray beer drinking before or during activities that for safety reasons require a high degree of alertness or coordination.
- All Entries become the exclusive property of Hopworks Urban Brewery, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Hopworks is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes Entry services to create fraudulent identities) will void all Entries by that entrant. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
GENERAL RULES aka the Fine Print:
- By entering the Contest, you grant to Hopworks Urban Brewery, Hopworks Urban Brewery Companies, Marketing, and their respective employees, and representatives the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use your submission, and to further use your name and your likeness, and information in advertising and promotional materials, without compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Hopworks principal place of business is 2944 SE Powell Blvd, Portland, OR 97202.
- All prize details are at the sole discretion of Hopworks. All prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted, except at Hopworks’ sole discretion.
- Any and all federal, state and local taxes on the prizes, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the Contest winner.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Hopworks and not to Instagram.
- By participating, each Entrant agrees: (1) to abide by these rules and the decisions of Hopworks, which shall be final in all respects, relating to this Contest; (2) to release, discharge, and hold harmless Hopworks, from any and all injuries, liability, losses, and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize; and (3) to the use of his/her submission, organization, story, name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Hopworks and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from Entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Any submission grants Hopworks a non-exclusive, non-terminable right to publish, show, sell, advertise, and promote the entrant in any way it sees fit; and (d) comply with all terms and conditions of this Contest. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in this Section, and in these General Rules.
- A potential winner must respond to the notification within the timeframe stated in the notification and provide his/her full name, age and mailing address. Failure of a potential winner to provide this information within the stated timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize. Except where prohibited, the potential winner must sign and return to Hopworks, within three (3) business days of being notified, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and IRS W-9 Form in order to claim his/her Prize. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the Entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner in Hopwork ‘s sole discretion.
- Hopworks may disqualify anyone from participating in the Contest or winning a prize (and void all associated entries) if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such person is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrant or Hopworks representative(s). ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, HOPWORKS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Hopworks reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend any portion of the Contest for any reason.